Dr. Hilary Reno is the Medical Director of the St. Louis County Sexual Health clinic, Medical Director of the St. Louis STI/ HIV Prevention Training Center, and a medical consultant with the CDC, Division of STD Prevention.
Dr. Reno specializes in sexual health care, with a special focus on the clinical care of sexually transmitted infections (STI) and the intersection with HIV prevention. Her research focuses on the use of large clinical databases to improve STI care and to encourage regional cooperation and quality improvement in sexual health care. She also is the site PI for studies that evaluate new therapeutics and testing modalities for STIs and collaborates with basic scientists to collect clinical samples for research focused on the vaginal microbiome and other studies. As a consultant with the CDC, DSTDP, she is a co-author of the 2021 CDC STI Treatment Guidelines.
She also mentors residents in the Mentors in Medicine program and fellows who have investigated such topics as: care for patients with STIs in the ED, the cost of STI care, and how the COVID-19 pandemic impacted PrEP services.
Infectious Diseases Clinic
620 South Taylor Ave., Suite 100
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Medical Director, St. Louis County Sexual Health Clinic
- Medical Consultant, CDC, Division of STD Prevention
- Medical Director, St. Louis STD/ HIV Prevention Training Center
- Director, St. Louis STI Regional Response Coalition
- BS: Nothern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL (1994)
- MS: Entomology, University of Illinois-Urbana, Champaign, IL (1998)
- PhD: Entomology, University of Illinois-Urbana, Champaign, IL (2000)
- Medical Degree: University of Illinois-Urbana, Champaign, IL (2002)
- Residency, Internal Medicine: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO (2005)
- Chief Resident: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2007)
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO (2009)
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Trolard, A., E Peters Bergquist, B Fox, A Kuhlmann, T Loux, SY Liang, BP Stoner, H Reno. Presenting to the Emergency Department versus Clinic-Based STD Care Locations for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia Care; A Spatial Exploration. Sex Transm Dis. 2019 Jul;46 (7):474-479.
- H. Reno, B Fox, C Highfill, A McKee, A Trolard, S Liang, BP Stoner, B Meyerson. The emerging intersection between injection drug use and early syphilis in non-urban areas of Missouri, 2012-2018. 2020. J Infect Dis. 2020 Sep 2;222(Supplement 5):S465-S470. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiaa056.
- C. Cohen, M. Wierzbicki, A. French, S. Morris. S. Newmann, H. Reno, L. Green, S. Miller, J. Powell, T. Parks, A. Hemmerling. Randomized Trial of LACTIN-V to Prevent Recurrence of Bacterial Vaginosis. N Engl J Med.2020 May 14;382(20):1906-1915. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1915254