General Infectious Diseases
The General Infectious Disease inpatient and outpatient consultation service provides expertise on an incredibly diverse spectrum of infections encountered in internal medicine, surgery, critical care and obstetrics/gynecology.
Additional services offered by the Infectious Diseases Division are:
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
- Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) of HIV
- C. difficile infection
- Central nervous system infections
- Fungal infections
- Mycobacterial infections
- Traveler’s medicine/international health
The clinic provides comprehensive monitoring of patients discharged on long-term home intravenous antibiotic therapy and continuity of care for patients seen in the hospital by the inpatient consultation services. In some circumstances, our services are chiefly consultative and collaborative, working with referring physicians in the community for diagnostic evaluation and management of complicated infectious diseases. In other circumstances, our care is longitudinal and we serve as the principal caregiver for the patient.
We provide comprehensive care for HIV positive inpatients and outpatients through the AIDS Care Program and the other clinical disciplines.
- Clinic appointments: 314-362-9098 or 1-800-858-3541
- Clinic nurses: 314-747-1206
- Clinic after hours: 314-362-1242 (ask for the Infectious Disease fellow on call)
620 South Taylor Ave., Suite 100
St. Louis, MO 63110