Jennie H. Kwon, DO, MSCI
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Associate Hospital Epidemiologist
- Recent Fellowship Program Graduate
Patients seen at
- BS, Molecular and Cellular Biology: University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL (2005)
- Medical Degree: Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL (2009)
- Residency, Internal Medicine: University of Chicago, Evanston, IL (2012)
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine: University of Chicago, Evanston, IL (2013)
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2015)
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation: Washington University School of Medicine (2016)
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
Dr. Kwon’s research focuses on multidrug-resistant organisms (MDRO) and healthcare epidemiology with the goal of improving patient safety and healthcare quality. Dr. Kwon performs epidemiologic studies of MDRO and Clostridium difficile infections, assessing how MDROs are transmitted in patients, healthcare workers and the environment. Dr. Kwon performs translational studies focusing on the prevention and/or elimination gastrointestinal MDRO colonization utilizing novel therapies. She has a special interest in immunocompromised hosts and patients with recurrent MDRO infections.
Multidrug-resistant organism transmission dynamics, Clostridium difficile infections, healthcare epidemiology, patient safety and quality improvement
Kwon JH, Bommarito KM, Reske KA, Seiler SM, Hink T, Babcock HM, Kollef MH, Fraser VJ, Burnham CA, Dubberke ER; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Prevention Epicenters. Randomized Controlled Trial to Determine the Impact of Probiotic Administration on Colonization With Multidrug-Resistant Organisms in Critically Ill Patients .Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2015 Dec; 36(12):1451-4. doi: 10.1017/ice.2015.195. Epub 2015 Aug 27.
Kwon JH, Reske KA, Hink T, Burnham CA, Dubberke ER. Evaluation of Correlation between Pretest Probability for Clostridium difficile Infection and Clostridium difficile Enzyme Immunoassay Results. J Clin Microbiol. 2017 Feb; 55(2):596-605. doi: 10.1128/JCM.02126-16. Epub 2016 Dec 7.
Kwon JH, Lanzas C, Reske KA, Hink T, Seiler SM, Bommarito KM, Burnham CD, Dubberke ER. An Evaluation of Food as a Potential Source for Clostridium difficile Acquisition in Hospitalized Patients. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016 Dec; 37(12):1401-1407. Epub 2016 Oct 3.
Kwon JH, Burnham CD, Reske KA, Liang SY, Hink T, Wallace MA, Shupe A, Seiler S, Cass C, Fraser VJ, Dubberke ER. Assessment of Healthcare Worker Protocol Deviations and Self-Contamination During Personal Protective Equipment Donning and Doffing. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2017 Sep; 38(9):1077-1083. doi: 10.1017/ice.2017.121. Epub 2017 Jun 13.