Dr. Chong specializes in innate immunology and infectious diseases, with a special focus on how innate immunity responds to flavivirus infection. He is also very interested in identifying host factors of flaviviruses including West Nile virus, Dengue virus, Zika virus, etc. by using CRISPR screening.
- Bachelor Degree, Huazhong Agriculture University, Wuhan, Hubei, China (2011)
- Master Degree, Huazhong Agriculture University, Wuhan, Hubei, China (2014)
- PhD Degree, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China (2018)
- Chong Z, Karl CE, Halfmann PJ, Kawaoka Y, Winkler ES, Keeler SP, Holtzman MJ, Yu J, Diamond MS. Nasally delivered interferon-λ protects mice against infection by SARS-CoV-2 variants including Omicron. Cell Reports. 2022 May 10;39(6):110799.
- Deng Z, Chong Z, Law CS, Mukai K, Ho FO, Martinu T, Backes BJ, Eckalbar WL, Taguchi T, Shum AK. (* Co-first authors). A defect in COPI-mediated transport of STING causes immune dysregulation in COPA syndrome. Journal of Experimental Medicine. 2020 Nov 2;217(11): e20201045.
- Chong Z, Bao C, He J, Chen T, Zhong L, Li G, Li H, Fang L, Song Y, Fu G, Yang X, Lai L, Liu Y, Wang Q. E3 ligase FBXW7 aggravates TMPD-induced systemic lupus erythematosus by promoting cell apoptosis. Cellular & Molecular Immunology. 2018 Dec;15(12):1057-1070.