Jonas Marschall, MD
Professor of Medicine
- Phone: (314) 454-8293
- Email: email@example.com
Jonas Marschall serves as Director of Infectious Diseases Epidemiology Research and as such helps the division strengthen that line of research in all possible ways. This includes but is not limited to working with junior faculty to enhance their research skills and productivity.
Dr. Marschall specializes in clinical and epidemiological research in infectious diseases, with a focus on healthcare-associated infections. His research has mostly been on bloodstream infections, urinary tract infections, and surgical site infections. He attends patients on the inpatient consult service at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
Dr. Marschall has joined the Division coming from Bern University Hospital, Switzerland. He is currently overseeing the roll-out of the national CAUTI surveillance for Switzerland from afar.
- Director of Infectious Diseases Epidemiology Research
- https://www.swissnoso.ch/forschung-entwicklung/snsf-project-watussi/about-the-project (Dr. Marshall’s grant in Switzerland)
- https://www.swissnoso.ch/ueber-uns/mitglieder (Infection control association for which Dr. Marschall is setting up national CAUTI surveillance in Switzerland (in German)
Infectious Diseases Clinic
620 South Taylor Ave., Suite 100
St. Louis, MO 63110
- M.D. degree, Medical School, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland University (1996)
- Doctoral thesis: “Relationship and crisis; a study at the crisis intervention ward, University Hospital Basel”; R Battegay, MD; Psychiatry Clinic, University of Basel, Switzerland (1998)
- Diploma in Tropical Medicine & Hygiene; Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, University of Liverpool, Great Britain (2001)
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) (2006)
- USLME Step 3, USA (2009)
- Board certified in Internal Medicine (FMH Innere Medizin), Switzerland (2005)
- Missouri Permanent Medical License (2009-present)
- Board certified in Infectious Diseases (FMH Infektiologie), Switzerland (2013)
- Secretary, Swiss Society for Infectious Diseases (2014-2016)
- Swissnoso (National Center for Infection Prevention) – Board Member (2015- )
- ANRESIS (Swiss Center for Antibiotic Resistance) – Steering Board Member (2015-2021)
- A Schweiger, S P Kuster, J Maag , S Züllig , S Bertschy , E Bortolin, G John , H ax , A Limacher, A Atkinson , D Schwappach , J Marschall. Impact of an evidence-based intervention on urinary catheter utilization, associated process indicators, and infectious and non-infectious outcomes. Journal of Hospital Infection. Volume 106, Issue 2, October 2020, Pages 364-371. PMID: 32653433 DOI: 10.1016/j.jhin.2020.07.002
- Andrew Atkinson, Marie-Christine Eisenring, Nicolas Troillet, Stefan P Kuster, Andreas Widmer, Marcel Zwahlen, Jonas Marschall. Surveillance quality correlates with surgical site infection rates in knee and hip arthroplasty and colorectal surgeries: A call to action to adjust reporting of SSI rates. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2021 Feb 18;1-7. doi: 10.1017/ice.2021.14. Online ahead of print.
- Niccolò Buetti, Jonas Marschall, Jean-François Timsit, Andrew Atkinson, Andreas Kronenberg, Rami Sommerstein, Swiss Centre for Antibiotic Resistance (ANRESIS). Distribution of pathogens and antimicrobial resistance in bacteraemia according to hospitalization duration: a nationwide surveillance study in Switzerland. Clin Microbiol Infect. . 2021 Apr 30; S1198-743X(21)00212-3. doi: 10.1016/j.cmi.2021.04.025. Online ahead of print.