Gayathri Krishnan, MD
Instructor in Medicine
- Email: email@example.com
Gayathri Krishnan is an instructor in medicine. She completed her ID fellowship in 2022 at WUSM/ She finished medical school at Government Medical College in India and residency training at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) in Little Rock, Arkansas. She completed chief residency at UAMS.
Dr. Krishnan served as the chief ID fellow for AY 2021- 2022. She also serves as the Housestaff representative in GMEC, fellow representative in FWIM and she is the founder of Women in Infectious Diseases online forum which amplifies and support incredible work done by women professionals in ID.
Dr. Krishnan’s research/interest focuses on Transplant ID, mentored by Dr. Ige George and Dr. Anupam Pande, Mycology mentored by Dr. Andrej Spec, Medical Education mentored by Dr. Gerome Escota and addressing equity and gender bias in ID, empowering and amplifying women professionals in Infectious Diseases, mentored by Dr. Hilary Babcock. Highlights of her fellowship training so far include: 5 poster presentations in 2 years in ID Week, 1 oral presentation in American Transplant Congress and two publications.
I chose WUSM for fellowship training because of the wonderful and amiable people in the division, highly resourceful and supportive faculty, great work environment, active mentorship opportunities and an administration that is open to feedback and responsive to change.
My favorite things to do in St. Louis are spending time picnicking in Forest Park with family, getting together with friends and exploring the diverse and immense food scene in St. Louis, relaxing by the pool.
- BS: Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala India (2015)
- MD: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock AK (2019)
- Residency: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock AK (2020)
- Chief ID Fellow FY 2021-2022
- House Staff Representative in Graduate Medical Education Committee Washington University School of Medicine/ Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Founder, Women in Infectious Diseases – online forum supporting women professionals in ID @Women_in_ID
Dr. Krishnan plans to pursue a Masters in Health Professions Education and will be staying for a third year of fellowship to pursue research in Transplant ID, Medical Education as well as completion of Masters program.
- Michael Saccente, MD, Gayathri Krishnan, MD, Comparison of Blood (1->3)-β-D-Glucan Levels in AIDS-Related Pneumocystis jirovecii Pneumonia and AIDS-Related Progressive Disseminated Histoplasmosis, Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2021;, ciab277, https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciab277
- Grace C. Wang, Miranda J. Wallace, Gayathri Krishnan, Patrick D. Olson; Abigail L. Y. Carlson, Gautam Dantas, James M. Fleckenstein. A case of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis caused by Bordetella hinzii. Accepted for publication in Emerging Infectious Diseases.
- Krishnan, G., Udaondo Z, Jun SR, Kothari A. 869. Outbreak of Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus faecium (VREfm) in a Hematology Unit Identified Through Whole Genome Sequencing. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 2020;7(Suppl 1):S472-S474. Published 2020 Dec 31. doi:10.1093/ofid/ofaa439.1058