Sena Sayood is an associate medical director for the antimicrobial stewardship program at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
Dr. Sayood performs clinical research with a specific focus on antimicrobial stewardship and clinical decision support. He is currently working on projects involving the deployment of stewardship interventions at the level of the community pharmacy. He is additionally involved in projects involving global antimicrobial stewardship. Dr. Sayood is creating and running the handshake antimicrobial stewardship service at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. In addition, he attends on the general ID consult service teaching fellows, residents, and students.
- Associate Medical Director, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
- Bachelor of Engineering: College of Engineering at the University of Nebraska (2011)
- MD: University of Nebraska, Omaha NE
- Fellowship: Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine (2021)
- Sayood SJ, Botros M, Suda KJ, Foraker R, Durkin MJ. Attitudes toward using clinical decision support in community pharmacies to promote antibiotic stewardship. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2021 Apr 15;. doi: 10.1016/j.japh.2021.04.008. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 33962894.
- Sulis G, Sayood S, Gandra S. Antimicrobial resistance in low- and middle-income countries: current status and future directions. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2021 Jul 6;. doi: 10.1080/14787210.2021.1951705. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 34225545.
- Sayood SJ, Venkatram C, Newland JG, Babcock HM, Warren DK, Turabelidze G, McKay VR, Rachmiel EC, Peacock K, Habrock-Bach T, Hsueh K, Durkin MJ. Experiences from the Missouri Antimicrobial Stewardship Collaborative: A mixed methods study. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020 Dec;41(12):1455-1457. doi: 10.1017/ice.2020.318. Epub 2020 Aug 4. PubMed PMID: 32746951; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7967295.