Washington University Capacity Building Assistance Program, in collaboration with relevant local stakeholders, will hold the first Missouri PrEP Institute on February 10-11, 2020, in Kansas City. The objectives for this unique Institute are to increase PrEP uptake and access across the state, with particular focus on those regions where access to sexual healthcare is limited and where vulnerable individuals and communities, both rural and urban, face health and healthcare disparities and other socioeconomic challenges. The ultimate goal of this work is to launch a coordinated statewide strategic effort to eliminate new HIV infections. Rupa Patel, MD, MPH, DTM&H, Assistant Professor of Medicine, is a key planner and speaker for this event.
State HIV prevention organization leaders and staff, healthcare providers and leaders, health department leadership and staff, and PrEP navigators will participate in customized didactic and interactive sessions with national experts on innovative biomedical HIV prevention strategies, including PrEP implementation, PrEP financing, PrEP navigation, TelePrEP, PEP, and harm reduction. Participants will leave the Institute with new and/or enhanced strategies and skills they can put to immediate use in their organizations and communities. Participants will also acquire a network of collaborators and advisors who can provide ongoing support and assistance to them in this vital public health work.
- PrEP Financin: 340B and 3rd Party-Billing
- Harm Reduction
- PrEP Implementation Models
- Same Day PrEP
- PrEP Navigation for Prevention Staff and Navigators
Planning Committee (alphabetical order):
- KC CARE
- Kansas City Health Department MATEC
- MO Department of Health and Senior Services City of Saint Louis Department of Health
- Saint Louis County Department of Public Health Williams & Associates, Inc.
- Washington University Project ARK Washington University CBA Team & Consultants