Dr. Kirmani’s main interest lies in the education of students, residents and fellows. She is course master of the Infectious Diseases course for second year medical students. She serves on the preclinical curriculum evaluation committee, and the committee for academic evaluation of students.
- Fellow of Science, Pre-Medical: Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore, Pakistan (1967)
- Medical Degree: King Edward Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan (1973)
- Residency, Internal Medicine: D.C. General Hospital, Washington, DC (1976)
- Fellowship, Infectious Disease: George Washington University, Washington, DC (1978)
- Senior Staff Fellow, Virology, Biologic Research & Review: FDA, Bethesda, MD (1981)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty of Infectious Diseases