Chen Shen, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Shen studies the structural mechanisms of host-pathogen interactions with an emphasis on the signaling involving NOD-like receptors and other pattern recognition receptors. The ultimate goal is to provide the molecular basis for the development of therapeutics targeting various infectious diseases.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, China (2010)
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Peking University, Shenzhen Graduate School (2015)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Peking University, Shenzhen Graduate School (2017)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard Medical School, Boston Children’s Hospital, Cellular and Molecular Medicine (2021)
- 2016 National Postdoctoral fellowship, China
- 2019-2021 Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Training Fellowship Award, Cancer Research Institute, New York, United States.
- Chen Shen, Runzhi Li, Roberto Negro, Jiewei Cheng, Setu Vora, Tian-Min Fu, Anmin Wang, Kaixin He, Liudmila Andreeva, Pu Gao, Zhigang Tian, Richard Flavell, Shu Zhu, Hao Wu. Phase Separation Drives RNA Virus-Induced Activation of the NLRP6 Inflammasome. Cell, 2021, 184 5759-5774.e20
- Chen Shen, Mihir Vohra, Pengfei Zhang, Xianrong Mao, Matthew D Figley, Jian Zhu, Yo Sasaki, Hao Wu, Aaron DiAntonio, Jeffrey Milbrandt. Multiple domain interfaces mediate SARM1 autoinhibition. PNAS, 2021, 118, https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.2023151118
- Chen Shen, Alvin Lu, Wenjun Xie, Jianbin Ruan, Roberto Negro, Tian-Min Fu and Hao Wu. Molecular mechanisms for NLRP6 inflammasome assembly and activation. PNAS, 2019, 116, 2052-2057.
- Chen Shen, Humayun Sharif, Shiyu Xia, Hao Wu. Structural and mechanistic elucidation of inflammasome signaling by cryo-EM. Curr Opin Struc Biol., 2019, 58, 18-25.