Anupam Pande, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Medicine
- Phone: 314-454-8354
- Fax: 314-454-5392
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anupam Pande, MD, MPH is the Medical Director for Inpatient Infectious Diseases Consult Services for Barnes-Jewish Hospital. He is also the Divisional Representative for the Operations Executive Committee for the Department of Medicine. Other than his appointment in the division of infectious diseases, he holds a secondary appointment in the division of hospital medicine.
Dr. Pande specializes in the care of transplant recipients, with a special focus on opportunistic infections and antimicrobial prophylaxis in bone marrow transplant recipients. He attends on the oncology and transplant infectious disease service teaching fellows, residents, and students. He also sees patients in the infectious disease clinic. He also attends on the bone marrow transplant hospital medicine service to help integrate transplant care and infection care for these complex patients. His other interests include clinical education, early diagnosis, multidisciplinary care, workplace diversity and work-life balance.
He is currently mentoring fellows and residents in projects on fungal and cytomegalovirus infections.
Infectious Diseases Clinic
620 South Taylor Ave., Suite 100
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Medical Director for Inpatient Infectious Diseases Consult Services for Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Divisional Representative for the Operations Executive Committee for the Department of Medicine
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2016)
- Residency, Internal Medicine: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR (2014)
- Masters in Public Health: University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston TX (2011)
- MBBS (medical degree): Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College, Pune, India (2009)
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical School Honors in Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology,
- Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology (2004-2008)
- Thomas E. Andriole Award for Excellence in Medicine as voted by the Internal Medicine Chief Residents, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2014)
- Travel award for the 1st Symposium on Infectious Disease in the Immunocompromised Host – A Tribute to Joel Meyers, Seattle Washington (2016)
- IDWeek Trainee Travel Grant (2016)
- 2022 Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Pande A, Non LR, Romee R, Santos CAQ. Pseudozyma and other non-Candida opportunistic yeast bloodstream infections in a large stem cell transplant center. Transpl Infect Dis. 2017 Apr;19(2).
- Pande A, Dubberke ER. Cytomegalovirus Infections of the Stem Cell Transplant Recipient and Hematologic Malignancy Patient. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2019 Jun; 33 (2): 485-500.
- Safdar A, Rodriguez G, Zuniga J, Al Akhrass F, Pande A. Use of healthy-donor granulocyte transfusions to treat infections in neutropenic patients with myeloid or lymphoid neoplasms: experience in 74 patients treated with 373 granulocyte transfusions. Acta Haematol. 2014;131(1):50-8.