Jane O’Halloran is the Associate Director of Virology at the Infectious Diseases Clinical Trial Research Unit which conducts clinical and translational research trials in HIV, PrEP, hepatitis, COVID-19, influenza, STIs, fungal infections, vaccines, microbiome and other infectious disease. IDCRU has been an AIDS Clinical Trials Site since 1987.
Dr. O’Halloran specializes in clinical and translational research in infectious disease, with a special focus on HIV, SARS-CoV-2 and other viral infections. She attends on the General ID consult services teaching fellows, residents, and students. She sees patients weekly in virology clinic with a special interest in HIV.
She is currently mentoring fellows in studies on comorbidities of HIV as well as COVID-19 translation and clinical trials.
Infectious Diseases Clinic
620 South Taylor Ave., Suite 100
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Associate Director of Virology, Infectious Diseases Clinical Trial Research Unit
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases/HIV: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis MO (2019)
- PhD – Mechanism of Cardiovascular Disease in HIV: University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland (2016)
- Medical Degree: National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland (2006)
- 2017: Young Investigator Award for 24th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- 2016: Young Investigator Award for 23nd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Boston
- 2015: Young Investigator Award for 22nd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Seattle
- SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccines induce persistent human germinal centre responses JS Turner, JA O’Halloran, E Kalaidina, W Kim, AJ Schmitz, JQ Zhou, T Lei, …Nature 596 (7870), 109-113
- Switching from abacavir to tenofovir disoproxil fumarate is associated with rises in soluble glycoprotein VI, suggesting changes in platelet–collagen interactions. JA O’Halloran, E Dunne, W Tinago, S Denieffe, D Kenny, PWG Mallon. Aids 32 (7), 861-866.
- Altered neuropsychological performance and reduced brain volumetrics in people living with HIV on integrase strand transfer inhibitors JA O’HALLORAN, SA Cooley, JF Strain, A Boerwinkle, R Paul, RM Presti, …AIDS (London, England) 33 (9), 1477