Michael A. Lane, MD, MPHS, MSc
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- BS: Colgate University, Hamilton, NY (1995)
- MSc: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (2000)
- Medical Degree: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA (2004)
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Bayview, Baltimore, MD (2007)
- Fellowship: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2010)
My primary research focus is in improving the safety, quality and effectiveness of care. I am currently studying patients with prosthetic joint infections to better understand optimal treatment strategies. I am also evaluating the clinical outcomes and safety of patients treated with outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy. Related to this, I am actively engaged in the design and implementation of antimicrobial stewardship programs across the BJC HealthCare system. In addition, I am interested in the impact of medical errors and safety events on clinicians. I have created a clinician peer support program to provide assistance to clinicians who have been involved in patient safety events.