Jay R. McDonald, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
- BA: Duke University, Durham, NC (1991)
- BS: Portland State University, Portland, OR (1994)
- Medical Degree: Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR (1998)
- Residency, Internal Medicine: Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC (2001)
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases: Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC (2002)
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine: Duke/Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC (2003)
- Fellowship, Research: Duke University, Durham, NC (2005)
- Internal Medicine
Infectious diseases, infection control, nosocomial infections.
My research interests are in hospital epidemiology, health care-associated infections, bacterial endocarditis, Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea, surgical site infections, health services research and using administrative data to answer clinical questions.