F. Matthew Kuhlmann, MD
Instructor in Medicine
- BS: Emory University, Atlanta, GA (1998)
- Medical Degree: Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA (2002)
- Residency: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO (2005)
- Chief Resident: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO (2006)
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2010)
Infectious diseases, travel medicine, parasitology.
Dr. Kuhlmann’s research interests in the laboratory of Dr. James M. Fleckenstein focus on host factors predicting outcomes to enteric pathogens, namely Enterotoxigenic E. coli. Current vaccine efforts and challenge models have shown variable efficacy. Host factors may account for some of this variability and are the focus of ongoing research in order to rationally develop improved vaccines.